6.16.2016

and the world needed love.

I think I have spent the last year learning how to really love myself. Actually, I believe I have spent twenty-five years learning that, and the past year applying said knowledge. It turns out, it really is possible to love yourself, to enjoy yourself, and to be proud of yourself. So this post isn't about that, because right now I am learning something new.

I am twenty-five years old. I live in Provo, UT. I attended BYU. It is not uncommon to be asked, "Why aren't you married?"

I will not lie and say I have never asked myself that question.  I have. But I don't anymore, and this post is also not about marriage.

It is about the realization I have come to, that while I crave to love someone that way, and while I crave to be loved that way, what a gift I have to be capable of love at all.

It is, perhaps, our most Divine characteristic, the ability to love. And I believe, that while it may not be romantic love, there are so many fulfilling ways to experience it.

Family.
Friends.
Strangers.
God.
Animals.
Work.
School.
Exercise.
Nature....

We can love!

And if you, like I, lack a romantic partner in life, perhaps we have been given more space, time and energy, to share our love with the rest of the world. Maybe instead of wishing I had ONE PERSON to share ALL my romantic love with, I should be looking for ways to share the love I do have with someone/something else. It's as if we think we have this limited supply of love, deep down in our soul somewhere, that we hide just to make sure we haven't spent it before the time comes to "give it away" to that special someone.

But I think that is a disjustice to the world. Because that love, it isn't limited. I believe it replenishes every time it is spent, and comes back with more than was ever shed. I believe that love IS precious. It is the purest part of you.

And learning to love not only yourself, but the world, I think that will save us all.


27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such very great information. This is the best sites for proving such kinds of good information.
    HSSC Clerk Admit Card

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice information read it must.thank you for share it
    RBI Assistant Recruitment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such very great information. This is the best sites for proving such kinds of good information.
    Jipmer Pg Admit Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for such amazing information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of related topics.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete


  8. Thanks for sharing such great information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of relevance to topics.
    careinfo.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is excellent information. This site gives all the details to the relevance topics.
    TSPSC Group 2 Answer Key

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very extraordinary details. This is really fantastic site for such kind of details.
    IBPS RRB Cut Off

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very excellent details thanks for sharing with us.
    WBCS Admit card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for such kind of best details. Really this is very amazing information.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's good to be here and read some interesting posts , i got very useful information over here thanks for sharing it .
    WBJEE Syllabus

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic that showing this kind of amazing information.
    UP board 10th exam date sheet 2017

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for giving me such kinds of interesting information.
    HTET Answer Key 2017

    ReplyDelete